Historic Tavern, Train Station and Residences
Location: On the New Castle County side of Rising Sun Lane, near Tower Hill School
Asking price: $699,000
Size: Two parcels — 0.24 acres with three buildings and 0.12 acre with one building
Setting: Near Tower Hill School. Walking distance to the Brandywine River. Properties once were part of Henry Clay Village, a 19th Century industrial village on the Brandywine.
Features: Three fully rented buildings and one vacant building. Parking for eight to nine cars. S zoning, currently used as five residential rental units.
Contact: Chris Moore of Patterson Woods at (302) 622-3500
This 2,675-square-foot, three-story building was erected as a tavern in 1862. Doors and wainscoting are original. Now houses two leased apartments — one two-bedroom and one three-bedroom. Stucco exterior, second-floor balcony.
This stone-exterior 1,550-square-foot building, circa 1862, once served as a carriage house. It includes two leased apartments – a one-bedroom and a two-bedroom.
The former stationmaster’s residence is over 100 years old. Now leased as a single-family home, its features include two bedrooms, two full baths, a sunroom, a rear patio and a side deck.
This vacant 952-square-foot building built before 1862 once served as the train station for Henry Clay Village. Renovation required. Features large fireplace and wood flooring throughout.