A survey by the American Hospital Association has named Beebe Healthcare among its “Most Wired” hospitals of 2017.
The survey looks at how hospitals integrate technology into their patient services. Hospitals recognized as Most Wired generally use smartphones, remote monitoring, and other forms of telehealth, which includes a collection of methods for improving health care through telecommunication technology.
According to the survey, among Most Wired hospitals:
- 76 percent offer secure messaging with clinicians on mobile devices.
- When patients need ongoing monitoring at home, 74 percent use secure e-mails for patients and families to keep in touch with the care team.
- 68 percent simplify prescription renewals by letting patients make requests on mobile devices.
- 62 percent add data reported by patients to the electronic health record to get a better picture of what is going on with the patient.
- Nearly half of the hospitals are using telehealth to provide behavioral health services to more patients.
- 40 percent offer virtual physician visits.
- More than 40 percent provide real-time care management services to patients at home for diabetes and congestive heart failure.
“The Most Wired award is a significant achievement for our organization and it recognizes the continuous hard work and investments in implementing technologies for the advancement of safe and quality care for our patients and community. It’s not all about winning awards, however, they are a validator that we are indeed doing the right things!” said Michael J. Maksymow, vice president and chief information officer at Beebe Healthcare.