Today Media and Delaware Business Times are proud to announce the 13 finalists in our First Family Owned Business Awards.
A panel of judges that included members of the business community and Today Media executives selected 13 finalists. Only multigenerational, family owned businesses based in Delaware qualified for consideration.
Family involvement, succession planning, ethics and innovation were primary factors we considered. Judges also looked for active community service. Final awards will be announced during an evening event, Wednesday, June 24 at the Doubletree Hotel in Wilmington
Winners will be announced at the event on June 24 for the following awards.
- Small Size Busines of the year
- Medium Size Business of the year
- Large Size Business of the year
Specialty awards will be announced
- Excellence in Community Service
- Excellence in Customer Service
- Excellence in Innovation and Technology
- Legacy Family Business award
- Emerging Family Business.
Finalists for awards include:
- R. Morris Jewelers
- Data Management Internationale’
- Delaware Brick
- DiFebo’s Restaurant & Deli
- Janssen’s Market
- Joseph Frederick & Sons
- M. Davis & Sons, Inc.
- Pettinaro Companies
- Pools and Spas Unlimited of Milford
- The Insurance Market, Inc.
- Urban Furniture Outlet
- Wayman Fire Protection, Inc.