The Delaware Community Foundation has awarded $253,152 in capital grants to 18 organizations in Sussex and New Castle Counties:
- $22,750 to CAMP Rehoboth for infrastructure repairs to its community center in Sussex County.
- $20,000 to Children’s Beach House in Sussex County for interior building renovations.
- $10,000 to the Delaware Community Reinvestment Action Council in New Castle County for renovations to its Harrison Street property, which will house its offices and Stepping Stones Community Federal Credit Union.
- $10,727 to Delaware Guidance Services in Sussex County for resurfacing of its driveway in Lewes.
- $10,000 to Delaware Hospice in New Castle County for a seating alcove in its new Delaware Hospice Center reception area.
- $25,000 to Family Counseling Center of St. Paul’s in New Castle County for expansion of its counseling services through renovation of a recently purchased property.
- $10,000 to Gateway House for exterior and interior improvements to its New Castle County site.
- $10,000 to Gaudenzia Inc. in New Castle County for renovation of a Claymont treatment site.
- $10,000 to Limen House in New Castle County for renovations to its men’s house in downtown Wilmington.
- $25,000 to Lutheran Community Services in New Castle County for a drainage abatement project.
- $21,000 for M.O.T. Senior Center in New Castle County for HVAC upgrades.
- $5,000 for the Ministry of Caring in New Castle County for windows at Emmanuel Dining Room West and Hope House II.
- $15,000 to the Nature Conservancy in New Castle County for installation of a floating dock at the Edward H McCabe Preserve in Milton.
- $6,000 to the Newark Day Nursery & Children’s Center in New Castle County for playground upgrades.
- $20,000 to Police Athletic League of Wilmington in New Castle County for the purchase of room dividers and carpeting.
- $12,875 to Seaford District Library in Sussex County for laminate flooring.
- $9,800 to Tri-State Bird Rescue and Research in New Castle County for brickwork repairs to the historic John C. Vansant House.
- $10,000 to YMCA of Delaware in New Castle County for expansion of the Brandywine YMCA.
“We are so glad we can help nonprofit organizations invest in their infrastructure so they can continue to provide services,” CEO Stuart Comstock-Gay said. “These capital grants allow organizations to continue to make a difference.”