A panel discussion on human trafficking on September 9 will feature state officials and nonprofit staff familiar with the issue. The panelists include:
- Yolanda Schlabach, founder of Zoe Ministries
- Commissioner Mary McDonough of the Court of Common Pleas Human Trafficking Court
- Commissioner Loretta Young of Delaware Family Court
- State Police Major Daniel Meadows
- Nancy McGee of the Sexual Assault Network of Delaware
- Johanna Bishop of Wilmington Univesity
- Cheri Collins and Sandy Bowman of Meet Me at the Well, a faith-based organization that rescues women
The discussion is scheduled at 9 a.m. at Peniel United Methodist Church, 115 E. Market St. in Newport. The event is free and open to the public, but pre-registration is requested.
The event is sponsored by the League of Women Voters New Castle County, the AAUW, Zoe Ministries and Prison Ministries.