Date: Thursday, May 10, 2018
Time: 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Venue: Hilton Wilmington Christiana
100 Continental Dr, Newark, DE 19713
Delaware Business Times has partnered with the Small Business Development Center of the University of Delaware, an affiliate of the SBA, to produce workshops assisting small and family-owned businesses.
Mike McGrann, managing partner at TELOS Group, is adamant: this is not a discussion about retirement and death, but a strategy discussion that should start now.
Join Mike and a panel of regional industry leaders in a lively and inspiring discussion.
A successful leadership transition requires a great plan and disciplined set of action items. It can be a difficult conversation, but one that must be addressed as a critical part of a company's strategy discussion. Done right, the process creates great value for the business and becomes an important part of your legacy. The discussion will tackle:
• The mindset required for a successful transition
• The critical ownership-level questions that must be answered to prepare for the foundation of succession
• The vital role the next generation plays as enablers of the process
• How to include succession in strategy discussions and the regular business planning process
• Real-life examples of how successors were chosen, or how successors empowered themselves to become the successor
• How a well-educated, solid succession plan creates great value for the business and its stakeholders
Speaker(s): Keynote: Mike McGrann, Managing Principal, TELOS : Leadership Panel: Andy Strine, President, Investors Realty; Gianmarco Martuscelli, Owner, Martuscelli & Sons; Anthony Wright, Managing Partner & CEO, Green Line Business Group
Co-Sponsor(s): Delaware Business Times, Creative Financial Group, Brighthouse Financial, Harvey Hanna and New Square Capital
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Ali Lord at 302-831-1555 or delaware-sbdc.org to make arrangements.
For event sponsorship information, email email@example.com or call 302-504-1276.