Job Summary, Executive Assistant
The position of Executive Assistant at Today Media is an exciting job for someone who enjoys working in a creative, growing company, and has a broad range of administrative experience. You will be relied upon to thoroughly, independently and professionally handle various administrative responsibilities and be the personal assistant to the CEO. This is a great opportunity for an experienced, organized, detail-oriented self-starter with a can-do attitude. The candidate must be enthusiastic, flexible, well-organized and a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must possess the ability to switch priorities on a dime, and maintain grace under pressure.
- Provide general executive/administrative support to the CEO,
- Schedule, organize and maintain activities such as calendars, meetings and events for the CEO and other team members,
- Handle travel arrangements for CEO and other team members,
- Negotiate with various paper vendors and paper mills for the purchase of web and sheetfed paperstock for our magazines,
- Monitor and track paper usage for all of the various paperstocks stored at commercial printer,
- Work closely with commercial printer to avoid potential problems or issues that may arise while publications are on press, contact commercial printer(s) as needed for quotes on special or custom projects,
- Create and issue reports to commercial printer containing vital information prior to printing of each publication,
- Log and track trade gift certificates and disburse as needed to staff and CEO,
- Create and maintain spreadsheet and account cost codes related to company credit card purchases, and review monthly credit card statements,
- Create and maintain spreadsheets on office supplies, magazine issues, etc.,
- Organize, collect and approve various daily and weekly reports and time sheets,
- Answer, screen and place calls on behalf of the CEO,
- Send/distribute faxes and copies for the CEO,
- Review and/or prepare routine correspondence and documents on behalf of the CEO,
- Generate large mailings utilizing mail merge,
- Place orders, run errands and arrange lunches for the CEO,
- Solve problems, if possible, before they escalate to the CEO’s attention,
- Coordinate meetings and questions with the CEO’s direct reports and other staff and provide agenda,
- Arrange monthly staff meetings and provide agenda,
- Arrange company holiday parties,
- Produce/assemble presentations and documents for various meetings,
- Perform certain administrative computer functions using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe
- Provide back-up for the receptionist (during lunch & days off) by answering main incoming phone calls, greeting visitors, distributing mail,
- Organize and maintain files for CEO,
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be determined.
- 3-5 years experience as an Executive Assistant or more significant experience as an Administrative Assistant,
- High school degree required, Bachelors preferred,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint,
- Strong sense of urgency,
- Ability and desire to coordinate and manage tasks assigned from CEO,
- Ability to be flexible throughout the day in how you plan and complete work,
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to proactively model the company culture,
- Multitasking skills,
- Strong work ethic,
- Strong communication skills, strong writing skills in particular
- Strong attention to detail,
- Ability to be responsible for accuracy and quality of all outgoing work,
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors,
- Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required.
Hours and Location: This is a full time, permanent position in our Wilmington, Delaware office 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with an hour for lunch.
Reports: This position will report directly to the CEO. This position will directly supervise the Receptionist.
Compensation Package: Open. Please send most recent salary and salary requirement. Includes competitive base, bonus, health insurance, 401k (with company match) and paid time off.
How To Apply: Email your resume, along with a cover letter (cover letter MUST contain salary requirements) to email@example.com. No employment agencies please. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Today Media is a multi-platform communications company which also offers custom communications solutions. In print, online, and in person, Today Media delivers content that readers always look forward to. Today Media publications include Delaware Today, which serves the entire state of Delaware: Main Line Today, which serves Pennsylvania’s Main Line and the western suburbs of Philadelphia; Hudson Valley Magazine, which serves the seven counties that boarder the Hudson River; and Westchester Magazine, which serves affluent Westchester County north of New York City. For more information on Today Media, please visit www.todaymediainc.com.
3301 Lancaster Pike, Suite 5C, Wilmington, DE 19805