John Legaré Williams, Esquire practices business law through The Williams Law Firm, P.A. (www.TrustWilliams.com). He is also President of Agents and Corporations, Inc. (www.IncNow.com), a family owned and operated incorporation service that provides filing and registered agent services in Delaware to business owners from around the world. Nationally, Mr. Williams is a frequent speaker nationally on the topic of Delaware LLCs and in particular the Delaware Series LLC, the most cutting-edge entity on the market.
- BizInsightsAugust 28, 2018By statute, companies incorporated in Delaware must have a Registered Agent appointed at all times. Often lawyers are instrumental in both forming companies with the state of incorporation and preparing internal documents setting forth ownership and management provisions.
- BizInsightsJuly 03, 2018In the summer of 1987, “make your own sub day” was so popular in the Camp Tockwogh mess hall, that we all sang “I feel like makin’ SUBS!” This was a subtle substitution of one word in the classic rock song, Feel Like Makin’ Love by Bad Company.
- BizInsightsJuly 03, 2018By statute, companies incorporated in Delaware must have a Registered Agent appointed at all times. Often lawyers are instrumental in both forming companies with the state of incorporation and preparing internal documents setting forth ownership and management provisions.
- BizInsightsMarch 15, 2018Tom is a talented actor. He is a short-term employee of various production companies on film, television and other commercial acting gigs. He is accustomed to being paid as an employee with all of his wages subject to self-employment tax (Medicare and Social Security tax).
- BizInsightsNovember 27, 2017John Williams President IncNow Delaware is on the forefront of Corporate law. Do you have any clients that have spoken with you about leaving a lasting legacy? Have they ever thought about preserving their land for their future generations to enjoy? Do they enjoy birding or hiking and want to ensure such places will be there forever?
- BizInsightsSeptember 28, 2017
The Future of Blockchain: How Blockchain ledgers could help protect assets within a Delaware Series LLCJohn Williams President IncNow Delaware is on the forefront of Corporate law. The most recent example happened on July 21 of this year, when Delaware Governor John Carney signed Senate Bill 69 into law which amended sections of the Delaware General Corporate Law (DGCL) to include blockchain (also known as “shared ledger”) amendments,
- BizInsightsAugust 03, 2017Website The considerations in forming a tech business are the same as considerations in forming any other small business. It usually comes down to owner’s liability protection from business creditors, but more importantly, protection from your own business partners. As a practical matter, the greatest threat to your business is internal: your partners. They are…
- BizInsightsJune 28, 2017Website Delaware corporations will now be able to store corporate records on a blockchain, thanks to legislation passed this week by the Delaware General Assembly and signed by Governor John Carney.This innovative legislation will allow Delaware companies to finally toss the stacks of paper stock ledgers collecting dust on shelves, and will provide a secure…
- BizInsightsMay 25, 2017Website In the Wild Wild West, salesmen would go from town to town selling all types of questionable products, such as snake oil, with claims that were unproven at best. The customers later would be unable to locate these unscrupulous salesmen because they were without a home office. One legislative solution to such problems was…
- BizInsightsApril 17, 2017Website How is the change in membership documented?The names of LLC members are typically not filed with the State of Delaware. Therefore, there is no amendment that needs to be filed with the Delaware Division of Corporations or your Registered Agent to add or remove members from a Delaware LLC. The names of the members…