The Chemours Company a wholly owned subsidiary of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, has named its eight-member board of directors following its spinoff from DuPont which is expected to occur on July 1, 2015.
The new board members will be Richard Brown, chair of the board, as well as Curtis Anastasio, Bradley Bell, Mary Cranston, Curtis Crawford, Dawn Farrell, Stephen Newlin, and Mark Vergnano.
“I am extremely pleased with the formation of the Chemours Board of Directors,” said Mark Vergnano, executive vice president, DuPont and CEO designate of Chemours. “Our Board brings together the full range of experience and technical knowledge required to oversee Chemours
- Curtis V. Anastasio currently serves as executive chair of GasLog Partners LP, a global owner, operator, and manager of liquefied natural gas carriers and as vice chair of Par Petroleum Corporation, a diversified energy company. Anastasio serves as chair of the United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County and the Boy Scouts of America Alamo Area Council and also serves on the board of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Bradley J. Bell currently serves as non-executive chair of the board of directors of Momentive Performance Materials Holdings Inc., a global manufacturer of silicones, quartz, and ceramics. Bell also serves on the board of directors of Compass Minerals International, Inc., a leading producer of salt and specialty nutrients.
- Richard H. Brown currently serves as chair of Browz, LLC, a global leader of contractor pre-qualification and compliance solutions. Brown previously served on the board of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company from 2001-2015 and formerly served as a member of the Business Roundtable, the President’s Advisory Committee on Trade and Policy Negotiations, the U.S.-Japan Business Council, the French-American Business Council, and the President’s National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee.
- Mary B. Cranston is a retired senior partner and chair emeritus of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, an international law firm. Prior to her retirement in 2012, Cranston served as chair, chief executive officer and senior partner of Pillsbury.
- Curtis J. Crawford currently serves as president and chief executive officer of XCEO, Inc., a consulting firm specializing in leadership and corporate governance. He previously served on the boards of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, ITT Corp., Agilysys, Lyondell Petrochemical, The Sisters of Mercy Health Corporation and DePaul University.
- Dawn L. Farrell currently serves as president and chief executive officer of TransAlta Corporation, an electricity power generator and wholesale marketing company. Prior to becoming president and chief executive officer, Farrell served as chief operating officer and executive vice president of commercial opeations and development.
- Stephen D. Newlin currently serves as executive chair of PolyOne Corporation, a global provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions. Formerly, he served as the chair, president and chief executive officer of PolyOne.
- Mark P. Vergnano will serve as president, chief executive officer and director of Chemours. He is currently executive vice president of DuPont and has had several leadership positions throughout the company including the areas of manufacturing, technology, marketing, sales and business strategy. Vergnano serves on the board of directors of Johnson Controls, Inc. and the U.S. National Safety Council.