Delaware Business Times, a division of Today Media, is seeking a talented and innovative editor to drive the content strategy for this bi-weekly print business journal, ancillary publications, website and e-newsletters.
Responsible for the complete editorial content. Supervise a staff of editors, art staffers, freelance writers and photographers. Responsible for the annual edit calendars and editorial lineups. Act as an ambassador of the publication in the community.
- Minimum of 5 years of editorial or reporting experience.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Solid understanding and appreciation of news and narrative.
- Superior writing, copy writing and editing skills.
- Has advanced knowledge of business issues and trends in the state of Delaware and region.
- Has strong grammar, excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Has advanced ability to follow and shape stories at various stages of development.
- Has advanced news journalism experience and news judgment; understands business and community topics from a journalistic point of view.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Conscientious and energetic, reliable in his/her own responsibilities
- Flexible and collaborative
- Full of ideas–an energetic yet collegial brainstormer
- Digitally savvy and familiar with a variety of online environments and tools
- A detail oriented person who wants to get every fact right
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or a related field, strong writer/editor, 5+ years of editorial experience, goal driven with the ability to adapt to change and to new opportunities, ability to work independently as well as a team and community member, strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines on time, interest in and willingness to learn the industry, and interest in and willingness to stay engaged in new audience driven analytics and social media.
- Strong project- and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and manage daily and weekly deadlines.
- Ability to organize and plan projects, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze customer feedback and respond appropriately.
- Self-starter who is very comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively.
Apply to Publisher Rob Martinelli at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter and salary requirements. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Today Media employs nearly 130 people in four states on the East Coast. (www.todaymediainc.com) Today Media’s award – winning regional publications reach more than 700,000 readers each month. Additional specialty publications focused on more specific topics like Business, Weddings, Beaches, Dining, Home & Garden and Health & Wellness provide an extended reach and distribution to targeted special – interest audiences within our affluent demographic. Today Media’s total magazine distribution is nearly two million annually.