Nine students pursuing college and graduate studies connected to careers in Delmarva’s chicken industry will receive $2,000 scholarships through the Delmarva Poultry Industry, Inc. (DPI) College Scholarship Program. Eight of the recipients will attend undergraduate colleges in the fall; one graduate student was also awarded a scholarship.
“By supporting these students, DPI is investing in the next generation of leadership for our chicken community,” said Holly Porter, DPI’s executive director. “We encourage these young people to put their education and skills to use in Delmarva’s $3.4 billion chicken economy when they graduate.”
The following students will receive scholarships:
- Peter Arnold of Chestertown, Maryland
- Bridget Barrett of Lewes, Delaware
- Christopher Clifton of Bridgeville, Delaware
- Annette Kenney of Marion, Maryland
- Charles Laird of Crisfield, Maryland
- Gabriella Morelli of Delmar, Delaware
- Cody Morris of Parsonsburg, Maryland
- Cole Statler of Millsboro, Delaware
- Leslie Webb of Greenwood, Delaware
Delmarva Poultry Industry, Inc. is the Delmarva chicken industry’s voice as the leading membership association focusing on advocacy, education and member relations.