Dogfish Head Distilling Co. is expanding its distribution to Pennsylvania. The company’s lineup of spirits will now be available in cocktail bars, restaurants and state liquor stores.
“After years of bringing our off-centered ales to the state, we are thrilled to introduce our spirits to our Dogfish Head fans and to new folks who enjoy a delicious cocktail. Our scratch-made spirits are batch-distilled with the culinary and botanical ingredients that inspire us,” said Sam Calagione, founder and CEO of Dogfish Head Craft Brewery and Dogfish Head Distilling Co.
Since 2002, Dogfish Head has experimented with small batch vodkas, gins and rums. The current distilling operation is made up of two 500-gallon copper stripping stills and a 250-gallon copper vodka column, sourced from fourth-generation custom fabricator Vendome Copper & Brass Works in Louisville, Kentucky.
With consumers looking for the same goodness out of their craft spirits that led them to explore craft beer, Dogfish Head Distilling Co. offers a high-quality, distilled spirit and an honest and authentic approach wrapped in an interesting story.
“You can make spirits from almost any type of raw material and we have chosen to start with the same ingredients that go into our beer,” said James Montero, general manager at Dogfish Head Distilling Co. “In our process, everything starts in its rawest form, from scratch, and we use the best ingredients available. We use a batch distillation approach through each stage – it’s a bit more work than other approaches, but it allows us to closely monitor and control each step of the distillation process.”
Dogfish Head Distilling Co. spirits lineup includes:
- Compelling Gin – A bright and citrusy gin inspired by the culinary mix found in our original brewpub kitchen. Using Dogfish Head Analog Vodka as the base, it is re-distilled with a mix of orange, lemon and lime peels, cinnamon, juniper, cardamom and peppercorn.
- Sonic Archeology – A Prohibition whiskey cocktail inspired by the blending of sounds and spirits during the Roaring 20s. It is a blend of Dogfish Head Distilling Co. scratch-made whiskey, rum and apple brandy with honey, lemon and pomegrante juice.
- Barrel Honey Rum – Incredibly smooth and complex, this rum is aged in new American Oak and is more like a bourbon than any ordinary rum. This beloved rum was one of the first craft spirits created by Calagione.
- Analog Vodka – Unexpectedly luscious and smooth, Analog Vodka captures the core of Dogfish Head by offering more complexity than your typical vodka with a touch of viscous sweetness and caramelized sugar.
- Roasted Peanut Vodka – This robust and roasty vodka uses real ingredients – no extracts or flavorings here, just a hand crafted vodka bursting with goodness from roasted peanuts and lightly sweetened with local honey.