The First State Fintech Lab has announced the appointment of an advisory board comprised of state and national leaders to support Delaware as a national and global financial technology leader. The Lab also announced the appointment of it’s first cohort of Innovation Fellows.
The Advisory Board directs and informs the work of the Lab. This group of industry, government, academic and community leaders will attempt to drive systemic change in order to strengthen and grow the fintech sector in Delaware.
Innovation Fellows engage the challenges and opportunities of financial technology for Delaware. They work to identify problems in the community, speak with and support those currently developing solutions and new initiatives, help find and develop new talent, and help coordinate stakeholder efforts.
“Global competition for financial technology companies and entrepreneurs grows every day,” said co-founder John Collins. “In our Advisory Board we have assembled a diverse, world class group of leaders who see the potential Delaware has to be a financial technology leader. As the rewiring of traditional financial relationships takes place, we need to make sure that no one is left behind.”
The First State Fintech Lab’s Advisory Board includes:
· J.C. Boggs, Partner, King & Spalding. Fmr U.S. Senate Banking Committee Counsel
· Lynn Bromley, Founder and Principal, Fintech Advocate
· Chip Connolly, Partner, Connolly Gallagher
· Doneene Damon, Executive Director, Richards Layton & Finger
· Yaya Fanusie, Senior Fellow, Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD)
· Megan Hannigan, Paypal
· Aurora Harshner, Director of Recruiting, Coinbase
· Sarah Hody, Attorney, Perkins Coie
· Sarah Long, President and CEO, Delaware Bankers Association
· Tim McTaggart, Fmr Delaware State Banking Commissioner
· Robert Morgan, Vice President, Emerging Technology, American Bankers Association
· Patrick Murck, Fellow, Berkman Klein Center, Harvard University
· Daniel Quan, Managing Partner, Banks Street Advisory. Fmr Senior Advisor to the CFPB Director
· Bryon Short, Fmr Delaware State Representative
· Gene Truono, Fmr Compliance Officer, Paypal
The First State Fintech Lab’s Innovation Fellows includes:
· Paul Ayala
· Jonathan Wood