About the Program
The Family-Owned Business Awards program honors family businesses that make up the backbone of the American economy. From small, boutique operations to large multi-generational firms, these entrepreneurial families are building business legacies that will last for generations to come. More than two thirds of privately held businesses in the U.S. are family-owned firms. Delaware Business Times will be celebrating the family-owned businesses that are successful, growing and moving America forward. Honorees will be profiled in Delaware Business Times and honored at an awards celebration.
Nomination Process and Criteria
There is no cost to apply.
- Applicants must provide detailed and tangible accounts about the strategy, vision, growth and lasting legacy of the family business.
- Previous finalists can enter, but previous winners must demonstrate employment growth from the year they won. Previous winners are also eligible for consideration in a specialty category (e.g., Innovation or Community Service).
- Family involvement must be in at least its second generation, although you can be in current transition.
- Family must control at least 25% of the company’s voting rights.
- The business must be headquartered in Delaware.
Application Submission and Evaluation
All applicants will be evaluated by an independent panel of local business leaders and assessed strictly based on the information provided in the application. Applicants will be notified of their status by a DBT staff member. Applicants who complete the form in its entirety will have a better chance of being selected. If ONLY applying for a specialty award, only the applicant and specific award section must be completed. A PDF of the application can be downloaded here.
Location: The Waterfall, 3416 Philadelphia Pike, Claymont, DE 19703
Date: Wednesday, May 20th 2020 5:30pm- 8:00pm
Deadline to apply is Feb. 29
Thank you to our supporting sponsors!
Maximize your marketing dollars with this unique engagement opportunity for statewide exposure. The Delaware Business Times offers a fully integrated platform of print, digital and face-to-face marketing through our event sponsorships.
Sponsors are included in all print and digital promotions such as local business networks, print ads, e-blasts and social media posts.
Please reach out to Meaghan Daly for more information on the nomination process or sponsorship opportunities.