The Wilmington Department of Licenses and Inspections has recommended that the City adopt the revised I.C.C. (International Code Council) 2018 code series, the latest version of a set of building code standards affecting residential and commercial properties.
The International Code Council, an association with 64,000 members, updates the I.C.C. building codes every three years to reflect current safety standards and best practices in the construction industry.
The city is upgrading its building codes from the 2012 to the 2018 edition. The following codes are being proposed for adoption:
- The International Building Code of 2018
- The International Residential Code for One and Two-Family Dwellings of 2018
- The International Mechanical Code of 2018
- The International Plumbing Code of 2018
- The International Fuel Gas Code of 2018
- The ICC/ANSI A117.1-2017 Accessibility code of 2017
- The International Existing Building Code of 2018
- The International Energy Conservation code of 2018
- The International Property Maintenance Code of 2018
- The International Swimming Pool and Spa Code of 2018
The department will hold a public meeting on the changes on Wednesday, July 31 in Council Chambers at 800 North French Street.