The Delaware Department of Labor has launched a pilot program to offer career and other labor assistance at libraries in all three counties.
The Delaware Division of Libraries and Delaware Department of Labor (DOL) rolled out the partnership in February 2019 to reach more residents who may be in need of services but can’t travel to agency locations.
“This partnership enables libraries to leverage Department of Labor expertise in assisting library patrons with meeting their needs,” said Secretary of State Jeffrey Bullock. “Our libraries have evolved into force-multipliers for community outreach, and adding Department of Labor to the compliment of resources available through our libraries is a perfect fit.”
Department of Labor Employment and Training Staff will assist with career needs such as:
- Search for jobs, exploring career paths
- Help jobseekers develop resumes that meets employer needs
- Learn about federal and state funded employment and training programs
- Assist residents as they navigate the online unemployment insurance claims application
- Discover our apprenticeship programs and other services
The current schedule and locations of Employment and Training Staff at the following libraries:
- Bear Library Mondays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Seaford Library Mondays 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Rt. 9 Library Mondays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Milton Library Tuesdays 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Appoquinimink Library Tuesdays 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Newark Library Fridays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Dover Public Library Saturdays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The most up-to-date schedule and locations are available at: https://lib.de.us/jobassistance/