All 10 restaurants operated by SoDel Concepts will release a new dessert incorporating Girl Scout Cookies. The restaurant group has run the promotion for the last six years. The special menu items will be available until March 14 and raises money for the Girl Scouts of the Chesapeake Bay.
“We give $1 from each dessert sold to the Girl Scouts,” said Scott Kammerer, president of SoDel Concepts. “But we also buy hundreds of boxes of cookies so that we can make the desserts. Our guests look forward to this promotion—and the event—each year, so we have to be well-stocked.”
Here’s the lineup of special desserts:
- Fish On in Lewes: Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Matt’s Fish Camp in Lewes: S’mores Toasted Marshmallow-Stuffed Beignet with Warm Chocolate Sauce.
- The Clubhouse at Baywood: Trefoils Raspberry Cheesecake Bars.
- Bluecoast Seafood Grill + Raw Bar in Rehoboth Beach: Do-si-dos Banana-Waffle Cookie with Peanut Butter-and-Jelly-Crunch Ice Cream, Dark Chocolate Magic Shell and Banana Anglaise.
- Lupo Italian Kitchen: Somoas Tartufo.
- Matt’s Fish Camp Bethany Beach: Thin Mint Dacquoise.
- NorthEast Seafood Kitchen: Coffee-Toffee/Mocha Cream Pie with Toffee-tastic Crust.
- Bluecoast Seafood Grill + Raw Bar in Bethany Beach: Tagalongs Peanut Butter-Salted Caramel Ice Box Cake.
- Catch 54: Savanna Smiles-Lemon Mascarpone Layered Cake with Crushed Blackberry Whipped Cream and Candied Lemon Slices.
- Papa Grande’s Coastal Taqueria: Samoas Fried Ice Cream with Caramel and Coconut covered with Oreo Crumb, Dulce De Leche, Panko and Shredded Coconut in a Waffle Bowl with Fresh Whipped Cream and Chocolate Caramel Sauce.
Each of these desserts will compete in a friendly contest between SoDel chefs on March 14 at The Clubhouse at Baywood in Millsboro, one of SoDel Concepts’ restaurants.