WHO WE ARE
Our drive and focus is to be the premier aviation supplier to provide innovative solutions improving the way we all fly! We’re constantly designing and implementing airplane modifications to improve safety, extend flying range, enhance communications abilities, add in-flight entertainment and WiFi systems, and create luxurious and comfortable flying accommodations. Simply stated, our goal is to vastly improve the flying experience for our clients in every way we can!
STUFF WE MAKE
We design, build, install and certify VIP aircraft interiors to the highest standards of luxury, capability and comfort. Our signature Auxiliary Fuel Systems (manufactured, assembled and installed on-site) allows our customers to travel non-stop nearly half way around the world, saving our customers, time and money! Besides, what billionaire wants to stop in London for gas on the way to Dubai? Our expert team of Engineers and master-technicians also perform regular repairs, maintenance and several other modifications to take already amazing aircraft and make them even better!
• Our one of a kind, multi-million dollar, custom aircraft interiors are enjoyed by heads of state, corporate leaders and ultra-wealthy private owners
• Our PATS Auxiliary fuel systems are in use on hundreds of aircraft world-wide in military / governmental applications, corporate, private and airline operations
• Our manufactured products are sold to aircraft producers, and to many other component manufacturer
• We partner with our many friends in the industry to provide aviation-related engineering and certification services
Our professional staff includes a diverse set of job roles
including designers and engineers (mechanical, structural, electrical, aerospace), technical writers, aircraft mechanics, quality inspectors, manufacturers, machinists, assemblers, planners, buyers, financial and administrative staff and much more. We seek to grow talent from within; our employees have many opportunities to advance through training and continuing education to become the future company leaders.
WHAT ARE YOUR JOB DUTIES?
Design the electrical systems that operate the in-flight entertainment and cabin-management systems for our custom airplane interiors. I spend much of my time using computer-aided drafting and engineering apps to develop the detailed plans for the video and sound systems, WiFi and telephone systems, heating and air controls, lighting and window shades to name a few.
WHAT DOES THIS JOB AND WORKING AT THIS COMPANY MEAN TO YOU?
When I started with ALOFT as a mechanic, I just knew this place was for me. I always loved working with my hands, fixing cars and motorcycles in my garage, and working with airplanes brought this to a whole new level! In my job I’ve had the opportunity to grow my career. I started as a mechanic and learned everything I could, earned my degree from Delaware Technical Community College and progressed into an engineering position. In the upcoming years, I am looking forward to leading and directing projects as a Project Engineer.
• Electrical or electronics engineering degree or demonstrated experience and skills in lieu of a degree
• Read, write, analyze and interpret complex engineering documents, drawings, test plans
• Travel may be required to and from customer sites, conferences and /or sales meetings
• Strong computer skills, specifically with computer-aided drafting, 3-D modeling and engineering programs
• Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication, teamwork and collaborative skills
• Strong mathematical abilities
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our engineering teams collaborate with other engineering groups, supply chain, planners and technicians to design and deliver to our customers, some of the
most amazing aircraft projects available on the planet. Our teams come together with ideas, then figure out how to solve all the technical challenges to bring those ideas to reality. My favorite part of the job is seeing our completed work take to the skies!
Aircraft arrive at the ALOFT AeroArchitects facilities at the Delaware Coastal Airport for final custom finishes. Our team of engineers and craftspeople design and install custom finishes such as ultra-luxurious furnishings, large-format video monitors, surround sound, automated window shades and lighting, the latest in satellite communications, all controlled by the touch of an icon of a hand-held tablet. We are constantly innovating and designing new ways for our customers to travel in style
and comfort, with the highest standards of quality and safety.
People Resource Coordinator