WHO WE ARE
The Delaware Skills Center is a Division of the New Castle County Vocational Technical School District. We have been able to capitalize on the longstanding good will, technical experience, and community prominence the school district has provided. We have a proven track record of successful course completion and job placement.
Our staff are skilled and certified professionals in their craft, they enjoy teaching and providing a student centered learning environment, which makes for many success stories with our students.
STUFF WE MAKE
The Delaware Skills Center is an adult vocational technical training center committed to providing skills training that creates a pathway to a rewarding career.
• Offer courses which prepare students for the world of business and industry by means of intensive training consistent with current educational practices and industry standards.
• Provide students with course studies along with hands-on training in their related field
• Create an educational environment which allows students to grow and develop positive attitudes and develop key employability skills to meet the needs of today’s labor market
• Assist students to obtain and maintain employment after completion of training.
Alliance Electric, Inc., Christiana Care, Delaware Business Systems, EDiS Company, Habitat for Humanity, Horizon, Keen Compressed Gas, Sobieski, Manor Care, Shure Line Electrical, Service Unlimited, DiSabitino Maintenance, Cadia Healthcare, Kutz Home, Calvert Comfort Heating and Plumbing, and many more.
• Computer Help Desk Support, Networking, and Mobile Device Support
• Electrical Trades
• Multi-Craft Industrical Trades
• Practical Nursing*
• Basic and Advanced Welding & Fabrication
• JAVA, SQL & Python Programming
*The Licensed Practical Nursing Program at Delaware Skills Center is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).