WHO WE ARE
Potts Welding & Boiler Repair is a leading manufacturer that specializes in the fabrication and repair of industrial and power generation size boilers. We were founded just prior to the beginning of the Great Depression in 1929. We are currently an employee stock owned company and employ approximately 120 full time employees/owners. Our world class team of professionals includes welders, machine operators, engineers, machinists, technical and non-technical specialists, sales, and administrative personnel.
STUFF WE MAKE
Power generation boiler parts and apparatus from 1.0” long to 50’ long, weighing from 1 pound to 20 tons, including:
• Furnace Panels
• Superheater Elements
• Burner Mounting Panels
• Machine Parts
Newmont Gold Mining Company & Mystic Seaport
Semi Formal Holiday Party
Free Gifts & Prizes
Safety Rewards (Pizza Party, T-Shirts)
Wellness Rewards (Visa Gift Cards)
WHAT ARE YOUR JOB DUTIES?
My duties at Potts include assembling and welding components of various boiler systems using different processes and materials.
WHAT DOES THIS JOB AND WORKING AT THIS COMPANY MEAN TO YOU?
Being a welder means a lot to me because it requires focus, skill, and dedication to truly succeed at this trade. As a person who takes great pride in my work, I enjoy doing something every day where the results are a direct indication of the effort put in. Welding for Potts has been a great experience for me. I have the opportunity to weld different types of materials, and gain various certifications. I have easy access to the engineering department, allowing me to gain better understanding of boiler system designs. Potts’ merit-based values and positive atmosphere provide great opportunity for growth within the company.
• Pass a welder qualification test in the 6G position with acceptable radiographic results
• Experience welding open butt, fillet, consumable inserts, etc. using GTAW, SMAW, or GMAW process
• Perform basic math calculations and measurements
• Able to read blue prints and isometric drawings
• Prociently weld materials using GTAW, SMAW, & GMAW (all positions & joint designs)
• Knowledge of NBIC acceptable repair procedures
• Satisfactorily perform ASME code activities
• Knowledge and ability to operate powered and non-powered hand tools
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.