WHO WE ARE
Summit Aviation is a full-service MRO/FBO facility located on a 550-acre airport (KEVY) in Middletown, DE. Summit has been providing fixed wing and rotor wing aircraft services both domestically and internationally for almost 60 years to general aviation, law enforcement, US government, and foreign military customers. Summit Aviation also has a full service manufacturing and assembly facility in Somerset, Kentucky and a milling and machine shop in Kernersville, North Carolina.
STUFF WE MAKE
Our services include aircraft maintenance, repair, modifications, avionics, paint, parts, manufacturing and assembly, and aircraft sales and leasing. Other specialized services include mission equipment integration and certification, flight testing/training support, and logistics.
• Bell helicopters
• Cleveland Browns
• Delaware State Police
• Maryland State Police
• US Fish & Wildlife
• US Park Police
• US Military Agencies
At Summit, we strive to hire and retain talented employees by offering paid schooling, training, and career advancement opportunities, and a safe work environment that promotes growth and development.
WHAT ARE YOUR JOB DUTIES?
Helicopter Technicians are responsible for inspecting and maintaining aircraft to federal, manufacturer, and customer specifications. At Summit Aviation, Helicopter Technician’s can be assigned to a specific customer or aircraft, or they can work on a variety of aircraft.
WHAT DOES THIS JOB AND WORKING AT THIS COMPANY MEAN TO YOU?
As a Helicopter Technician at Summit Aviation, I have been given the guidance and support to progress from an apprentice to a fully trained, independent, A&P licensed technician. Having employer sponsored continuing education has allowed me to avoid student loan debt and has given me the ability to buy a home, travel, and pursue fun activities such as hiking.
A QUOTE FROM THE MANAGER
Dave is a talented young man and we are looking forward to his success.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 0-3 years technical experience
• A&P license preferred
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Strong math and problem solving skills
• Ability to read and interpret technical documents and manuals
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with coworkers and customers
• Must be able to work in varying work environment and weather conditions
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Inspect, repair, maintain, service, and test aircraft and aircraft systems
• Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems
• Read and interpret technical manuals
• Follow manufacturer specifications and FAA technical data
• Willingness to travel to customer locations
Most Helicopter Technicians start as an apprentice or Mechanic Helpers and, over the course of time, develop the skills, training, and experience required to advance up the ladder and become leads, managers, and directors.