Delaware Restaurant Association is hosting a new regional conference at The Queen in Wilmington on October 22, 2019 to celebrate women in the industry.
Women of Hospitality is a two-day professional development conference that aims to connect and empower the next generation of women leaders.
Featured presenters are coming from the across the country, including:
- Kara DioGuardi – Former American Idol Judge, Grammy-Nominated Songwriter, Author and Restaurant Owner!
- Dawn Sweeny – CEO, National Restaurant Association
- Denny Marie Post – President & CEO, Women’s FoodService Forum
- Joanna James – Filmmaker and Documentary Director
- Jenna Telesca – Editor in Chief, Nation’s Restaurant News
- Carrie Leishman – President & CEO, Delaware Restaurant Association
The documentary ‘A Fine Line’ about women in the restaurant industry will screen Monday night, Oct 21 before the conference. Director Joanna James will hold a Q&A at the Baby Grand Theater. Proceeds from the film screening fundraising event will benefit the Delaware ProStart Scholarship fund
Local celebrity chefs and women entrepreneurs from Philly, DC, Baltimore and Delaware will also attend. More information is available here: https://www.womenofhospitality.com/